Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Blessing

I am taking an Old Testament class right now and we are just finishing the Pentateuch (first five books of the Bible). In many ways these books set the stage for the rest of scripture and humanity. It has been a long time since I have read through these books in sequence, and I have never read them this quickly. That being said, I have learned a great deal and am excited about what else I will learn.

While reading through these books, something very particular stuck out to me: the theme of blessing. God intends to bless. God could have and arguably should have destroyed mankind many times. However, God is always offering grace and blessing. God truly wants to bless his creation.

I miss out on God's blessing all the time. Even when I am in fellowship with God, I am sure he has more blessing to give. It is easy to think that we have to do things to please God. However, I believe that God wants to bless us, and we do things that keep ourselves from that blessing. Go out today and be blessed by the creator that wants to bless you!

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment